Thursday, December 1, 2016

"Immigrants in our land"

So today during English class I re-read "Immigrants in our land" by Jimmy Santiago Baca and Jessica  Para's analysis and I agree with Jessica. I agree on how the poem is saying how immigrants are leaving because of the bad things that is happening in their native land, but the place they migrate to is no different. Also, I think that immigrants have high hopes and probably get disappointed because, like I mentioned, it's no different.

Also, when my table and I were talking about the poem, we were talking about how we can see Jimmy Santiago Baca point of view when he was in jail. I can see his point of view when he says that his old clothes are taken away and how he has to wear an overall "mechanic wear". Another thing, is that he talks about what people were, what they did,  in the "old life"  and now in the "new life" (jail) "counselors" tell them what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment